lunes, 22 de abril de 2013

Formal and Informal emails

Dear Students,
Here you have more info about emails to prepare yourself for the test. Print these exercises 

Reading for detail: Read the email below and answer the questions

1-Who is the email from?
2-Who is the email to?
3-What three things does the writer ask the reader to do?
4-Where is Ms Lee going?

Subject: Visit to Osaka Securities

Dear Mr Watanabe,
Thank you for your email received March 21. With regard to my visit next month I need to tell you that I will arrive at Osaka airport at 14.30 on Thursday 14th April. As this will be my first visit to Japan I would be grateful if somebody could meet me at the airport. Also, would it be possible for you to make a reservation at a nearby hotel for me? I would really  appreciate it. In addition, could you possibly send me a copy of the agenda for our meeting and a copy of your most recent sales figures.
Please accept my apologies but my colleague Ms Lee will not be able to join me on this visit as she is attending an investment conference in Singapore at the same time.
I look forward to meeting you
With best regards,
Lis Oluffson

Informal language
Read another email and find informal phrases to match the phrases in bold in the previous mail.

Dear Haruki,
Thanks for your message. Re next month's visit to Japan, I'm going to arrive at Osaka airport at 14.30 on Thursday 14th April. This will be my first visit to Japan so can you send somebody to meet me at the airport please? Can you book a hotel for me near your offices too?
Also, can you please send me a copy of the agenda for our meetings and a copy of your most recent sales figures?
I'm sorry but my colleague Ms Lee won't be able to come with me as she is going to an investment conference in Singapore at the same time.
See you next month,
All the best,
Lars

Formal and informal language
In each set of four, match a formal word on the left with an informal word on the right

1-inform                                a-come to                           5-further                        e-want
2-assistance                          b-help                                 6-grateful                       f-more
3-require                               c-tell                                   7-near future                 g-happy
4-attend                                d-send                                8-would like                  h-soon

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario